Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back after a very long break

So, I have been away, for tooooo long. Sorry, but I don’t think anybody missed me, but I should apologise none-the-less. Anyway for those that missed me I just recently finished a gruelling 15 month Executive MBA at Queens University which basically required a lot of my attention and time. It was a lot of late nights, constantly working to keep up with the course work and also fulfilling my Oracle duties. It is something that I will cherish for a very long time and something that will help me move on in life and in my career.

The MBA helped me learn the finer aspects of running a business, the financial acumen and other details that are required to be successful. Moreover it has taught me to think better, broader and analyse more information in lesser time. But most importantly it has taught me how important a team is and how a team can be your best asset to be successful. The Queens MBA has taught me how best to function within a team, how to leverage your team to be successful and how to use cleverly devised processes to get the best out of your team.

The Queens Executive MBA was an amazing experience, one never to be forgotten. I can only look at the past 15 months in awe and respect, always wondering how I ever finished this course. I have made some amazing friends, shared some great memories and had lots of laughs along the way. But now its time to get back to the real world and get down to business.

I have been busy since the beginning of the year and have some great material ready to be shared from my SOA escapades with various clients. I will try to update this space often with more blog postings and information, stay tuned – its good to be back!!

Thanks,

Deepak

No comments: